Monday, April 27, 2009

Nursery

We took Caroline to Nursery for the 5th time. We stayed with her the entire time again. I have decided that nursery is a lot harder than I imagined. I know Caroline is clingy. She is with me all day long; everyday. Of course she would have a hard time going into a class full of strangers that don't play with her for 2 hours. She loves it when I am in there and she has a place to sit (on my lap) and feel safe. It's too hard to stand outside the door, peer through the window and watch her bawl and scream MA. I can't do it.
My plan: Stay in nursery as long as she totally needs me. I'll try and fade out. But right now I'll let her get comfortable (that goes for me too). Whew.

5 comments:

  1. Nursery is a hard one. I remember having the same problem with my little one. I actually have a pic of him standing in the corner pouting because he was mad I was leaving. It'll get better! You sound like such a good mom, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!! I teach the 3 year olds at our church... I know how that goes! I second Autumn in that you sound like a good mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, have no fear. It WILL get better. Kasen was the same way. I would just sit there for 2 hours and have him stray maybe a foot from my lap so that I couldn't sneak out. He knew my routine. I was in there with him a good 6 months before finally he didn't care anymore and he was comfortable enough to stay on his own. You can do it, just be strong. She loves her MA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! You guys make me feel so much better! Thanks for cheering me on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish i could give you some great advice on this but the first time i took Ryleigh to a class of her own she waved and didnt turn back... and was actually mad that we had picked her up so fast. She's been the same way since.... but i know how it is when i taught in the 1 year old class.... its gets better....

    ReplyDelete