Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Caroline and Avery, The Final Act of our Trip

After Vegas, we stayed in Mesquite at my Parent's home. They have a hideaway closet which Caroline and Avery loved! They were always playing in it. It was so cute to see them both have a play-mate. I think they just might be good friends one day. I just wish we lived closer.

Caro'lion' and Avery in the box of Peanuts
Sweet Avery (2 1/2)Eating Dinner together on the back patio.

Dad/Uncle Aaron scaring the girls. Caroline has now picked up Avery's scream and sounds just like her! We miss you Avery!

Loving Grandmama's wagon! We went on walks everyday. It was beautiful there.

Oh yeah.. and Uncle Mikey and Logan (6 months)

That's our trip!

The funniest part was on the way home-we had to stop to change Caroline's diaper. We were too late, it had leaked through all her clothes and car seat. Aaron put on the one sock that was dry and both her shoes. We stopped at a parking lot. Stripped her down to a naked Zulu bird and she ran around with one sock and two shoes thinking it was the most freedom she had ever had. It was too funny.

I think my favorite part of the whole trip was when Caroline was sleeping I had a chance to lay out by the pool, reading my favorite magazine (Fine Cooking), while a waitress brought me ice cold lime water (thanks Mom) in the beautiful 80 degree weather. Those 30 minutes was the best ever.. ahh.

The End

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, one sock and shoes... a sight!! They are such sweet cousins! I am so glad you had such a fun trip - now I want to go. I remember us drinking lime water together all the time when we were younger - as I recall it was at your mom's suggestion. Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing in the sun for 30 min sounds like paradise to me!!

    ReplyDelete