Monday, October 19, 2009

Clean-Up

The previous story reminds me of something that happened a few weeks ago and I want to record it for me.
We went to the Rockies baseball game with Aaron's parents. At the door we received white towels that said 'Go Rockies.' Caroline was sitting with Aunt Sarah most of the time playing with her towel and enjoying all of the action. Grandpa was four seats away. She went over and played with him a bit. He cracked open peanut shells on his leg and they ate the insides together. The peanut shells were (obviously) making a mess on his leg. So Caroline hurried to Aunt Sarah (it is not easy to walk in front of someone when you are sitting down at a baseball game- no leg room), grabbed the towel from her and scurried back. She informed Grandpa was 'dirty' and wiped his leg clean of peanut shells.
I would consider Aaron and I are clean people, but I never thought my two year old would be the same way. She always puts her toys away and cleans-up if her eating area is dirty. She loves to sweep and vacuum. Helps me dust. Helps me with the laundry. She always is helping me. And I just love her for it. (My Mother-in-Law says that Aaron was the same way when he was a kid.)

1 comment:

  1. So so sweet! Wow, that is really cool that she cares in that mind of hers. Amazing - but heheh, what else would I expect from your family Katie, you guys are great!

    ReplyDelete