Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Caroline's 2nd Birthday!

I know Caroline likes Lasagna. So the first time in 7 years, I attempted my Mom's lasagna again- tweaked to meet the desires of my husband. It was a meat and veggie lasagna (no cottage or ricotta cheese). I can actually say it turned out yummy. I made enough to freeze an 8x8 pan for another day.
My sweet girl in my arms. I can't believe she's two.
She loved the cake, but I think she is an ice cream lover like her Daddy.
Happy Birthday Caroline

A random shot- at least she has the right idea.
A Birthday shirt from Aunt Sarah

I can truly say that she makes me laugh everyday. She loves to play with dolls and her kitchen items. She wants me to 'come' everywhere with her. Today she noticed some things outside my bedroom door. I told her that they go downstairs. She moved all of the items to to the top of the stairs- where I usually have stuff to go downstairs. She is a big helper. Yesterday she sat her baby on her chair and backed up several feet and said 'catch' and threw a ball at her doll. I think she could use a playmate. :) I love her. I'm so glad that I get to call her mine. She brings more joy to my life than anything I could ever imagine. I feel privileged to be called her Mommy. Happy Birthday Caroline.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet little girl, Katie! Your lasagna looks delicious, btw! Glad your cutie had a good birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad we missed it. Happy Birthday Miss Caroline, we love you and miss you. And, B and Caroline have another set of matching shirts - the brown one with polka dots, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I can't believe she is TWO! That seems so old! I know Jackson isn't far behind, but they just don't seem big enough to be TWO. PS your hair is SO CUTE curly. I haven't seen it like that for long time. It looks really good! Also, I was looking at your earlier blog about Mesa Verde. That is SO cool that you got to go there! I remember my parents taking us there when I like 5 and I totally remember the whole thing. It's a realy cool place. I wish I could have been there for Caroline's birthday with Jackson. It would have been really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful girl just like her beautiful mom... happy birthday Caroline! Wow, I cannot believe you are two! XO

    ReplyDelete