Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Job

I was given a job this week: I am to find a Refridgerator/freezer that I like. To match the other appliances in our soon to be home (if all continues to go well) it needs to be stainless. I want the biggest one there is, to fit everything! Wouldn't you? BUT! We realized we can't have the big one! Ours has to be counter depth. Which is smaller cubic feet in the fridge. If we get a bigger one then it will stick out too far in the walkway to the dining room. Bummer huh? And did you know that counter depth ones are even more expensive? Smaller and more expensive? Lame.
As hip as the freezer drawer on the bottom is these days, I prefer the look of the side by side fridge/freezer. I was pretty set on it, until Aaron made a VERY valid point. In a side by side you can't place a platter in it. It won't fit. That goes for a 9 x 13 pan too! Hmm, this makes it tricky! I can't keep looking online- it's just not the same as actually opening and closing the doors in the store.

2 comments:

  1. When I was looking for a new fridge I thought the same thing . . . that the smaller fridge is more expensive. And I thought I wanted a side by side until we bought our new fridge. It seems that I can fit more items in the new fridge. The only downfall is that Logan likes to open up the freezer drawer. If it were up to him he would eat a popsicle for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Good luck finding a new fridge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Great point!! This is a very very important point. Side by sides also usually dont fit frozen pizza either. Even for the refrigerator side - usually really big things wont fit either, like a sheet cake etc. I had to try to refrigerate frosted cupcakes on a warm day last year before a party I was bringing them too. Fitting them in my side by side was a nightmare!!

    ReplyDelete