Monday, February 15, 2010

Hospital Days

Day 3

Caroline spent the day with Grandma today. They went to the doctors. The Doctor said that Caroline had pneumonia, gave her a steroid shot and prescribed a nebulizer. She'll have to go in for another check-up tomorrow. She visited Henry and I. It was hard not to cry when I saw her, but I knew I had to be strong. She gave me lots of hugs and kisses. I miss her terribly.

Henry has bronchiolitis. He has a sad sounding cough, mucus and is on oxygen. His lungs sound clear, no fver, no throw-up. We are here because he is 'so little'- that's what the nurse's keep saying. I hope we can leave by Wednesday. And we will be able to go home and adjust to life again.

My Mom is coming tonight. I love her.

I have had several visitors today. I have never realized how comforting a visit can be, rather than a quick phone call.

I feel loved and watched over from someone above.

Things are improving and hopefully at the end of the week, it will be all just a dream.

4 comments:

  1. We are thinking about you guys and praying for you. Hope you can all be home and better soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys get well soon. It is so terrible having your babies sick. I hope you have nice doctors:) Caleb is actually thinking about Pediatrics- how do you think he'd do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww sweet little Caroline! I am so sorry to hear that she got pneumonia!! That is so hard on her I am sure. Lots of love to you Katie, and everyone in your home<3

    ReplyDelete