Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sicky Icky

For over a week now I have been sick. Thank goodness I am in the mends. I lost my voice completely on Sunday and it is still not back to normal. (I haven't lost my voice since I was 14.) I hope the coughing soon leaves because I can't take the sleepless nights any more and I don't think my sweet husband can either.
I had family in town this last weekend.. sorry Caloni (I got her sick). I was glad to have people around for Caroline's sake, but I felt like a terrible host. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir performed at Red Rocks last Monday night and it was amazing. It was a beautiful night, the concert was outdoors, and it was so fun to be with family. We had such a great time. President Monson was there too.
It was the first time we left Caroline with a non-family member for more than a half an hour. It was really hard on both Aaron and I. She did cry so hard she threw-up. :( But then she realized we were gone and played in the bath-tub, had fun with the girls, watched Elmo, played with their bunnies and I think she survived. And so did we, although we were quick to pick her up.
Other than that July 4th is around the corner and for the 1st time since we have been married we won't be going out of town. So we'll see what happens. I think Aaron will take a short break and we'll go swimming. Our sweet french girl Lou Lou will be coming to our house on Tuesday for a few days so we'll be showing her the sights of Colorful Colorado. Hope you have a great 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. Aww Katie! I am glad you are feeling better! I hope you have a fun 4th too! Are you getting sparklers or fireworks? Too bad they are illegal in California:(

    ReplyDelete