Sunday, May 31, 2009

Projects

When my Mom came out for a few days we went to a few fabric stores and created projects for ourselves. I surely have mixed feelings about this. One I have quite a few projects yet to finish, but Two: I love it!

My Mom came with material to make a tutu for Caroline. She saw one and decided to copy it. We went to Wal*Mart and bought stick on jewels for some Bling. Caroline doesn't like it on. Hopefully one day.

I had my cute friend come over the other day with her two year old and together we worked on projects. Mine were simple and she decided to rip her entire car seat cover apart to recover it. And it is adorable. She is amazing. Anyway it was awesome to be motivated and get a few things done.

It turned out better than I imagined it.

Somehow I started a little business. I just sell them to people I know, but I sell nursing blankets. It was first a hobby and I decided to give them to friends as gifts, and now I've sold a few!
Just sold my Fourth Nursing Blanket!
The lady wanted something pink and brown and girly for her daughter-in-law who was having her 1st girl after two boys. I made the one above and below for her to choose.

We'll see which one she chooses!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! What kind of trim do you use on your nursing blankets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I LOVE your "cherry" dress! Your talents never cease to amaze me. I can't wait to see Caroline in it! I also love the brown and pink floral nursing blanket...they are both really cute though! And high five on the bling on the tutu! You are a super star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how cute that dress turned out. I'll have see Caroline model it when you get back from Idaho (and then make one for our baby)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Katie! You are so talented! You were always amazing at sewing. Yeah I would like to see the dress on caroline too - soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tutu is the cutest! Bailey loved it:) I also loved the dress, It is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete