Monday, November 15, 2010

Scissors

When I was a kid, I could only find one pair of scissors in the house. It was located in my Dad's nightstand, second drawer down (cinnamon bears: third drawer down.) As a kid, you always seem to have a need for something that belongs to your parents and is easy to find. I often used these scissors for crafts and other projects, and I often forgot to return them, another problem kids have. I really tried to return them exactly how I found them so my Dad didn't notice. But when I forot to return them, and when my Dad yelled, "Where are my scissors?" I remember gasping and running to return them. I hated how we only had one pair of scissors in the house.. that I could find.

Today, (In order of the picture) I have a pair of pink scissors in Caroline's room. A blue pair of scissors in Henry's room. A pair in my top drawer in my bedroom (that makes a pair in every room upstairs.) There are 2 located in the den. One in the kitchen, of course. Two in my desk in the kitchen. One in the garage (especially used for otter pops in the summertime.) Three in my sewing area (paper, fabric, thread.) And one in the storage closet for cutting my wrapping paper. I also carry one around with me and my stocking everywhere I go. That makes 14 scissors that I own. And really I would love one in the laundry room. I decided this all sounds a little silly, crazy even wacky that I need to just gather them all to take a picture. I plan on moving one of the two that I have in my kitchen desk in the laundry room right after I post this. I now have no fear of "Where are my scissors?" (I also have several working pens everywhere in the house too, that was a similar issue growing up.)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it! I know, my mom only had a pair or two, dull of course:) There is nothing like a nice brand new pair of scissors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have scissors in every room. It makes it so convenient:) Michael read this post with me and laughed. Michael has some of your same habits and desires.

    ReplyDelete