Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Oh Lollipop...

The Lollipop

You were never my friend.
I always wanted you to be my friend.
My Dad never let me.
He would not let me buy you at the store.
He would never bring you home from a trip.
He would even take you out of my Halloween bag every year.

And yet, I know you.
I savored every taste of you when I got you from a friend.
When I got you in a Brithday bag, I would eat it quickly before I returned home.
I tried to save all your wrappers that had stars on them so I could get a free one at 7- Eleven.
I even kept a few of you hidden before Dad looked through my Halloween bag.

My Dad said that I could fall and choke on you because of your stick.
I think I could pull you out of my throat because of your stick.
He said I would just keep you and rot my teeth out.
But I thought you were my sweetest friend.

I have never bought you for my daughter.
Yet she knows you oh so well.
I can count a handful of times where she has tasted you.
I think she likes you too.
The Christmas Ringer at the Store gave her one of your own today.
Yes, I think she likes you just as much.


3 comments:

  1. I love lollipops! I must admit though, I allow my kids to eat them... and I may even bribe my Primary kids if they sing well during singing time they get one in class... ;)
    Love the pic of Caroline, she's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I didn't even know you had a blog! YAHOO!! Caroline is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete