Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sunny Days and not so Perfect Dinners

Aaron informed me that this whole blogging thing is like journal entries (I'm good at that), so I will be a bit better at this blogging adventure...
*
I enjoy cooking. Yesterday I wanted to make a chicken pot pie. So I slow cooked my chicken all afternoon added some chicken broth, a can of cream of chicken soup, some celery, carrots, onions, broccoli (because we didn't have any frozen peas), freshly grounded pepper and a dash of Oregano. I put it in a pie plate. Covered it with a store bought pie crust, much to my Mother's dismay. And I baked it in the oven. When it was done- I pulled it out, while freaking out that Caroline was right behind me and that she just might burn herself in the oven, I thought I put it on the counter. I was wrong. The long awaited for Chicken Pot Pie completely fell off the counter. Heaven intervened somehow and made it upright when it hit the floor. About half was saved! It was delicious... the little that we did have.
*
I know Denver likes to keep a secret: we really have good weather. It has been 65 the last 2 days, so Caroline and I have made our trips to the playground! She loves the swings! But she also loves to watch the other kids.

I think she saw a bird right before I took the picture
Climbing the stairs to get to the slide.
Our sweetie in the swing.



3 comments:

  1. So funny! I am glad that you got to eat some of it! It sounds so good, I have never tried to make one. But now you are makin' me think about it... So sweet on the swing! Shows how ignorant I am of Colorado weather, I thought for sure you would have snow in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world!!! We are so jealous of your beautiful weather, and are so over the snow here. Brooklyn says "hi" to Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That stinks about you Chicken Pot Pie. I love it! I should make that sometime. Caroline looks so cute in those pictures. She is such a sweet little girl:)

    ReplyDelete